Pokelab League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Sets

4 posters

Go down

Favorite Sets Empty Favorite Sets

Post  Businesss Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 pm

What are your favorite Pokemon to use, and what set is your favorite?

My personal favorite is SubPunch Breloom, followed (closely) by Lead ShucaTran, Baton PassJask, and CurseMiltank.
I like Loom for his ability to make almost anybody ragequit and his pure power. ShucaTran takes most EQs and doesn't afraid of anything. Ninjask can get in +2 Speed and Attack and sweep with X Scissor or pass it off to someone else. Miltank has dat Scrappy and two great moves in Heal Bell and Milk Drink, plus more than decent stats across the board and STAB Scrappy Return.
I also love Absol, because nothing can actually hit him without getting KO'd or dented by a +2 STAB Sucker Punch coming off of an enormous base attack stat.
Oh and Medicham Very Happy
Businesss
Businesss

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sets Empty Re: Favorite Sets

Post  eclipSEverity Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 am

I'd say my favorite set is CBeam jolt, as bad as it is on such a small community to always use it it's become one of my hallmark sets. jolty revenge killing or coming in on a wall and hitting +1 at 130 base speed just goes to town. As usual the regular jolty counters apply, but there's very few things that dont resist him that can withstand getting OHKO'ed, rocks or not.
eclipSEverity
eclipSEverity
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shuckieee Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm

my recent discovery of how good roserade actually is.. is just simply amazing. i have been using a LO roserade set recently and it's just incredable. Some old sets that I tend to use is CB snoalx with pursiut, just owns things. Any suicunce set, and choice scarf zapdos
shuckieee
shuckieee

Back to top Go down

Post  Businesss Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

I forgot to add Weavile, who just sweeps like crazy.
i recently rediscovered Plusle, who can pass on a Nasty Plot or an Agility or even wreck shit with a powerful +2 Discharge or Thunderbolt.
Businesss
Businesss

Back to top Go down

Post  eclipSEverity Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 am

I have to post it.

Once upon a time, i got a random team. That random team had two incredibly powerful OU pokes on it, Lucario and Togekiss. That random team also had on it a Raichu. Raichu got more kills than the entire rest of the team combined.
Raichu @ leftovers
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Encore
Substitute
Volt Tackle
Focus Punch

I do not know why, but this Raichu was raping people's shit all day long. Encoring stupid moves and grabbing free subpunches, predicting like a boss and sub encoring status moves, it was just simply brutal. It took out a shuckle. nuff said.
eclipSEverity
eclipSEverity
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Businesss Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:15 pm

derp, why you no delete?

Last edited by Businesss on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Businesss
Businesss

Back to top Go down

Post  Businesss Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:15 pm

eclipSEverity wrote:I have to post it.

Once upon a time, i got a random team. That random team had two incredibly powerful OU pokes on it, Lucario and Togekiss. That random team also had on it a Raichu. Raichu got more kills than the entire rest of the team combined.
Raichu @ leftovers
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Encore
Substitute
Volt Tackle
Focus Punch

I do not know why, but this Raichu was raping people's shit all day long. Encoring stupid moves and grabbing free subpunches, predicting like a boss and sub encoring status moves, it was just simply brutal. It took out a shuckle. nuff said.
Favorite Sets 82_holy-crap

Pic related
Businesss
Businesss

Back to top Go down

Post  Chumpy Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Lately I've been using a bit of a throwback ttar set known as the taunt ddtar set was suepr popular in gen 3 but went into obscurity gen 4, however, with the sand storm boosting those stellar defenses even further, i decided to try it out and it's been wrecking shit. This ttar can tank even weaker supereffective special hits and isnt' too shabby on the physical bulk side either while after 2 d-dances being able to outspeed everything not scarfed and OHKO basically every offensive pokemon in the game. Taunt allows it to beat all defensive pokemon 1/1 except for a lucky bulky water (ttar can sponge those unboosted surfs like a boss)

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
252 hp, 252 speed, 4 spdef
Jolly nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

the decision between stone edge and rock slide is kind of a hard one. everyone is quite aware of the hax associated with stone edge and the 8 PP occasionally becomes an issue as well, however, stone edge gives t-tar some key 2HKO's and OHKO's. But Rock Slide has the extra PP and accuracy. It honestly depends if you want to play this ttar as a pure anit-stall or a wall breaker/sweeper. I personally prefer Stone edge.

The ev's are pretty simple. 252 speed and jolly is a must in order to get as a high of a speed as possible for outspeeding offensive mons and for getting as fast of a taunt as possible against walls. 252 HP maximizes bulk and with sandstorm boost ttar doesn't take shit from neutral special attacks, which are going to be what it sets up on most often. Leftovers are the item of choice for maxiumum bulk as this ttar will be taking some hits, but life orb is an option.

The key in being successful with this ttar is to aim for getting 2 ddances. The first is usually reached on a mon ttar can force out, often times choiced mons. The 2nd ddance you get off of either surprising your opponent and tanking a hit (for example, scarftran's earth power barely does over 30% damage, and even LO tran gets barely over 50% on this thing) or surprising an incoming wall such as skarmory or rotom with taunt and then getting the 2nd ddance.

Counters to watch out for are mainly fast scarfers, mons with super effective priority or those who resist the edge quake combo. The most prominent counters are scizor ,flygon, and jirachi. Scizor is able to bypass ttars speed boosts with a powerful bullet punch, although it's worth noting that in an emergency ttar can tank a single choice banded bullet punch at full health, however, stone edge isn't an OHKO at +1 boost, which is when ttar will most likely face his nemesis (i forget the exact damage at +1). Flygon is even worse, as it can u turn on ttar or more likely smash it with earthqauke, and unlike scizor it isn't taking much from even a +2 or 3 stone edge. Jirachi outspeeds ttar even at +2 (if jirachi is jolly) and flinches it to death with iron head.

Other priority such as nape mach punch/vacuum wave is also a menace to the trollosaurus, however, he can take a nape mach punch of vacuum wave once at full health and OHKO nape with earthquake. Weavile is also a problem if t-tar is only at +1, as it still outspeeds and can KO with low kick or brick break.

The best teammate for this ttar is magnezone, as it can switch into both choiced iron head and bullet punch taking little damage (4x resistence) and hide behind a sub before ravaging the 2, opening the way for a taunt ddtar sweep if scizor or jirachi was their only counter, as well as giving zone some opportunity to wreck havoc with a mon now having to face zone behind a sub.

Subsplit gengar is another excellent choice for a ttar teammate, as it can switch in for free on fighting attacks aimed at ttar, as well as scarfgon eq,s and has a 4x resistence to u-turn. Additionally, subsplit gengar appreciates the sandstorm provided by ttar, which helps guarantee gengar's win over blissey 1 on 1.

Other sets that are my favorite are mainly well known ones like subsplit gar, ddance dragonite (i made dragonite popular again on this server...holla!!!), and lately i've been using weavile (lotta dragonites lately, and you'd be amazed how many teams lack a weavile counter or are easily swept by it with one mon gone).

Chumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum